Monday, September 22, 2008

New Bible

We tried a new church a couple of weeks ago and we really liked it. The preacher was awesome and he put things into context in a way that I could completely understand. We have been trying to find a new church that both Gabe and I like. He definitely likes more of the Baptist atmosphere and I was brought up Lutheran so definitely lean that way. I really hope that we can find a common ground and can find a church that feels like home and one that we can bring our kids up in. I feel like that is the one thing lacking for us and I really want to work on that now that the kids are old enough to participate. I bought a new bible today to begin studying some things on my own. It is a devotional bible and is based around building a strong family unit and marriage. I am really excited about starting to read it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand how you are feeling. Our life was so good but still something was missing. It sounds like you are looking the right way. I have been studying a lot of scriptures that talk about God's promises. The teacher has pointed out something I have been missing. Everyone one of the scriptures starts out with an action verb....Seek, Come, Gather,Believe, etc....then the promise. I am required to do the seeking, believing, coming--before he comes through with the promise. Seek and you shall find!

About Me

My photo
Mother, Wife, Sister, Daughter,Grad Student... Busy :)

Favorite Movies

  • Can't Buy Me Love
  • Clueless
  • Coal Miner's Daughter
  • Blow
  • Grease
  • Blue Crush
  • A Time to Kill
  • Pretty Woman