Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First cake baked together as a family




Since Ella was feeling better towards the end of the day today, we decided we would bake a cake together after dinner. I usually don't let her cook with me because it makes such a mess, but I am trying to look past the mess so that she can help out. She loves cooking and is always asking lots of questions while I am doing anything in the kitchen. I figured a basic cake in the box would be a good first time experiment with her. First I let her break the eggs, which was prob a big mistake because half of the shell landed in the bowl. I tried to get out as much as I could but lucky for us, Gabe and Griffin aren't the pickiest of eaters and probably never noticed. :) She did really well mixing the batter and pouring the cake in the pan. I have posted some pics to share and some of Griffin and Gabe enjoying the leftovers. Enjoy!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mother, Wife, Sister, Daughter,Grad Student... Busy :)

Favorite Movies

  • Can't Buy Me Love
  • Clueless
  • Coal Miner's Daughter
  • Blow
  • Grease
  • Blue Crush
  • A Time to Kill
  • Pretty Woman