Monday, September 8, 2008

Baby Showers and More!



This weekend was a very busy weekend for me. My best friend of almost ten years is having her first baby in October. Together with her sister and cousin-in-law Courtney we decided to throw her a baby shower on Saturday. Since she is my best friend and she has been there for me through my two pregnancies, I wanted her baby shower to be extra special. I was in charge of the cake and invitations. I ordered the cake from Jenny Box and it was amazing. You should check out her blog, http://www.apieceofcakejonesboro.blogspot.com/, her cakes are delicious. I had a little trouble getting the cake to the shower which caused me to almost have an accident which definitely wouldn't have been good for the cake or my nerves. The shower was at Courtney's house, which is down a gravel road. After I was almost there and driving as I normally do, I noticed that the two tier cake was seperating from being bounced around. I freaked out but everyone assured me that it still looked perfect and was fine. The shower went perfectly and I had perfect co-hostesses. Courtney is the ultimate party planner and I don't know what I would ever do without her. I still have another baby shower in a couple of weeks for another of one my best friends, Amy. She is due in early November. It is so weird because her and Jamie got married a week apart and are now having babies a little over a week apart. They are both expecting little boys and I can't wait to meet them! I just feel blessed to get to be a part of it all!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mother, Wife, Sister, Daughter,Grad Student... Busy :)

Favorite Movies

  • Can't Buy Me Love
  • Clueless
  • Coal Miner's Daughter
  • Blow
  • Grease
  • Blue Crush
  • A Time to Kill
  • Pretty Woman