Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Trying to explain....

Gabe and I picked up all four kids from school yesterday. Ella, Taylor, Tyler, and Griffin were all in the car and we decided to drive by Gabe's granny's grave because it is on the way home. There was a funeral in the cemetary and so the kids decided to ask a lot of questions about death and how people end up in cemetaries. My mom lives right across from the cemetary and so a couple of weeks ago, Ella told Gabe that her NaeNae knew lots of people who were "married there." I think she misunderstood when NaeNae tried to explain about people being buried. Well yesterday, she knew a little more because Gabe had explained it. She was explaining to Taylor and Tyler that people were buried there. This is something they already knew because they have been to a funeral for a friend of the family there. They started asking us "Who buries you?" We told them that as you get older, like really really old, you will die and your kids will bury you. And so on and so on. Ella, as sweet as could be, told me that she was buring us and then coming right to heaven to be with us. Tyler was in the back seat and thinking about this all very much and looked up and said "Well I guess Griffin will be burying us then." It was too cute and Gabe and I laughed about it all the way home. I guess he figured the idea of any of them having kids was too much to take in, so he'd just let Griffin do it..haha.. I love listening to kids and the things they say :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mother, Wife, Sister, Daughter,Grad Student... Busy :)

Favorite Movies

  • Can't Buy Me Love
  • Clueless
  • Coal Miner's Daughter
  • Blow
  • Grease
  • Blue Crush
  • A Time to Kill
  • Pretty Woman